Lower Back pain

 

Scoliosis

Scoliosis
 

Scoliosis describes a curvature of the spine—instead of
going straight up and down, it curves laterally to one side or
the other between the neck and the tailbone. Signs of scoliosis
include a shoulder blade that juts out, uneven shoulders or
hips, a noticeable leaning to one side, or a rolling walking
gait. Symptoms can include tiredness, joint strain, and back
.pain
This problem can be caused by many things, including
abnormal muscles or nerves, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, bone
,abnormalities present at birth, injury, illness, previous surgery
or osteoporosis. However, mild scoliosis is most commonly
caused by muscle imbalances. As we discussed earlier in this
book, muscle imbalances pull the spine out of alignment and
.can create a lateral curvature
The treatment plan that follows is designed to address
scoliosis caused by imbalanced muscles. As a child, I was
diagnosed with a mild case of scoliosis. My doctor wasn’t sure
why I had it, but in evaluating the curvature of my back, he
noticed it deviated from what was considered typical.
Many years later, as I learned more about the role of
muscle balance in back pain, I unintentionally “cured” my
.scoliosis by rebalancing the muscles in my back and upper 

body. I discovered that my particular case of scoliosis was
caused by lifestyle factors, not the major medical conditions
.often associated with the condition
If you’ve seen a medical doctor and have determined your
scoliosis is not caused by a major medical issue, then the
following action plan can help you, as it addresses scoliosis
.caused by lifestyle factors
,This action plan covers two areas: 1) short-term
temporary pain relief and 2) long-term solutions. I always
encourage people to work toward the goal of total pain
relief—in other words, no more back pain, period. But if
you’re too uncomfortable to get through the steps needed for
the long-lasting solution, you may want to start with the
.(temporary pain-relief options (listed below
For each category of pain relief (temporary versus long
term), I’ve arranged the solutions in order, with the step likely
to help you the most listed first. Start with the solution at the
top of the list, and then work your way down only if the pain
improves but doesn’t completely disappear